A Letter From Consistory
March 19, 2020
Dear Emmanuel Family, Friends and Greater Community,
It is no secret that we are experiencing uncertain, anxious and stress filled times. In an effort to be smart, safe and bring hope, peace and service to our church family and community the Consistory of Emmanuel Reformed has made the following decisions effective immediately.
- There will be no organized worship until further notice. However, we will Live Stream our message and worship music at our normal worship times on our Facebook page. Extra DVDs will also be made available for pickup. Additional options for viewing are forthcoming. Our Maundy Thursday and Easter messages will follow the same Live Stream capabilities. Stay tuned for some exciting news regarding this!
- The Spring Cantata is postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date.
- There will be no Walking Ministry until further notice.
- Some have asked, “How can I continue to financially support Emmanuel’s ministry if we don’t have services?” The Consistory has been working on a method for some time. That option/opportunity is now a reality. Online giving is now available through the following link: https://tithe.ly/give?c=1309913. If you have questions or need help, you may call Jerry Lindsey at 815-441-4603, Deb Eissens at 309-714-2008 or Daniel Deter at 815-441-0298. If you would prefer to mail or hand-deliver your tithes to the church office, that is certainly acceptable, as well.
- Each member of Emmanuel will be contacted by an Elder or Deacon.
- If you are feeling anxious, concerned, confused or just need someone to talk to, we have a prayer/care team in place for any request or needs. Call the church office for details.
- The Emmanuel campus has been re-keyed. Details for use or access will be through Pam in the church office and Safety Team members Doug Leech and Ken Stralow.
- Church offices are open for now. However, that could change by the time this
correspondence reaches you. Please realize things are very fluid at this time, so we ask for your patience and understanding.
- Please be cognizant and respectful of the regulations set forth by our health officials. We know that all of us have our opinions, but they do have more facts than we do.
- Respect the anxiety and space of others.
- Finally, and most importantly, lift up in prayer our congregation, community, county, state, country and world. GOD HAS GOT THIS!!! Take some time to evaluate what HE is trying to teach us through this.
If there are any concerns or questions that have not been addressed here, please call your Elder or Deacon as indicated in the 2020 church directory.
Thank you and Blessings,
~ The Consistory of Emmanuel Reformed Church